Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cape Breton Bound

I just got my tickets to the Celtic Colours concerts we'll be attending next week on Nova Scotia's Cape Breton Island. I posted about the trip when we booked it early in the year. Ten days, six concerts in six nights - and some spectacular Fall colors and seafood to boot. I'll be taking my Clan Mackenzie tartan and looking to hear some great piping. jigs, reels, ballads and laments from the old country on the lake in Baddeck. Hiking on the Cabot Trail. Chilling at the Duncriegan Country Inn in Mabou and hanging out on the harbour at Louisburg. You bet I'm excited.


So I'm taking a couple of weeks off, but will return mid-month refreshed and energized with a whole new list of topics and stories to tell. I will, of course, post a note about the festival and the bands we heard. Since we picked up a new Panasonic Lumix camera for the occasion, I'll have some pics to post as well. C'ya then. --Charlie (Yo-Duh), The Author.

No comments: